Formula SO7 489.6mg contents are:
* Contains no synthetic S-Adenosylmethionine
As a dietary supplement for emotional and liver well being.
1) Bi-polar/manic depressive patients. The product may heighten the manic depressive phase.
2) Untreated Epileptic patients, an epileptic fit may be precipitated. Moodcaps are safe for use in these patients if they are stabilized on their anti-epileptic treatment, but they should still consult their Health-Care practitioners.
One capsule in the morning and one capsule at midday on an empty stomach, half an hour before meals where possible (for better absorption).
For best results, use continuously, without interruptions.
SIDE EFFECTS & SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
None known. Discontinue if any unforeseen side effects do occur. Although ideal in pregnancy and breast-feeding, consult your medical or nurse practitioner adviser, regarding the usage of Moodcaps.
Pernicious anaemia sufferers (shortage of Vitamin B12) should be supplementing with Vitamin B12 for optimum effect of this product, according to their physicians prescribed schedule.
Store below 25 degrees Celcius in a cool dry place. Keep the container closed and out of reach of children.
VIT. B12, Folic acid, Vit. B6 and good SAM-e levels are required in nature a.o. to avoid the build up of Homocysteine, a toxic amino acid by-product, of Amino Acid metabolism in the body. Homocysteine damages the endothelial lining of blood vessels, which in turn can lead to the build up of plaque in the arteries and subsequent heart attack and stroke. Betaine, is an additional non-essential nutritional supplement, which has an independent controlling effect on Homocysteine levels. Betaine is derived from fish, beet and legumes. It is also referred to as a “lipotropic factor” because of it’s help in the liver’s fat processing function.
The greatest concentration of SAM-e is in the liver, which also hosts the greatest concentrations of the body’s “Master antioxidant” Glutathione.The levels of which are enhanced by good levels of SAM-e thereby explaining it’s (SAM-e’s) repair role in viral hepitatis liver damage and it’s liver damage repair role in alcohol and drug related misuse**.Clinical observations indicate that Moodcaps imitate this SAM-e liver detoxification effect.
IMPORTANT SOURCES OF THE ESSENTIALS REQUIRED FOR SAM-E PRODUCTION IN THE BODY ARE:
1. Vit. B12: is derived from meat, animal protein products and legumes.
2. Folic acid: from green leafy vegetables, dried yeast, liver and mushrooms et al.
3. Vit. B6: fish, whole-grain cereals, organ meats, liver and dried yeast.
4. Methionine: high protein foods, meat and fish.
5. Magnesium compounds: Dairy, meat, fish, poultry, green vegetables, legumes, nuts and whole-wheat foodstuffs.
6. Calcium and phosphates: diary, beef, fish, chicken, some leafy green vegetables and some nuts a.o.
“Stop Depression Now”, Dr Richard Brown, Putnam. Pg 67-8, 225-8. ISBN 0-399-14530-30.
NAPPI CODE NO: 874558018